Tuesday, June 1, 2010

New Beginnings

Today is the first day to a new month. Well, in a sense, I guess it's also the first day to a new beginning. I'm putting my past behind me, and I'm starting over. I've been on a very tough two-year journey. But I have survived. I have the scars to prove it...the emotional ones along with the physical ones. It hasn't been easy, and I haven't "arrived" yet. I'm still learning; still moving forward. But the lessons I have learned (and continue to learn), I need to share them. I need to help others along their journeys. Life isn't easy. And life isn't fair. We all have our battles. We all have our struggles. That's life. And yes, sometimes life just stinks. But beyond the stinky part of life, there is something wonderful...something beautiful. I don't have the answers, but I know who does. And along my journey, He continues to show me those answers each step of the way and on a "need to know" basis. Why this blog? Because, there are others who struggle with the same things I struggle with, and I want them to know that there IS hope.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!!! It really hit home with me. Too often though, I want to know why right now, and I don't want to wait on God to show me. If He did that however, we wouldn't need to trust in Him. So obviously, He knows what He's doing. I can't wait to read your next post. This post blessed my heart and sparked my hope. Thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all that you have written. I have recently fallen out with people in my church, partly due to my BPD, I suppose, and have been feeling dreadfully low and confused, worried that if they don't think I'm worthy, maybe God doesn't think I am either. Like you, my faith is all-important to me and knowing that God loves me, is a thought that keeps me going. Thank you for reminding me of that fact. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete